What are some signs of readiness? The toddler…
- Has bowel movements at about the same time during the day.
- Does not poo during the night.
- Often wakes up from sleep dry.
- Stays dry for a couple of hours at a time.
- Shows the need to urinate with gestures.
- Sometimes talks about the potty. Shows signs of an interest in the bathroom and attempts to use the toilet.
- Can tell you when the diaper is dirty.
Don’t wait until your toddler shows every sign listed above before you start training.
As soon as she or he shows several signs of readiness you can start with the process.
Let the potty training begin!